The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.
In its first year, the College offers two programs:
Petroleum Chemistry Program aims to prepare graduates with sound theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for the development of the petroleum and petrochemical sector. The program also aims to provide undergraduate students with the practical knowledge and skills required for chemical processes in the oil and gas industry. The Petroleum Chemistry program provides a job opportunity for its graduates as petroleum and petrochemical professionals, with an emphasis on new innovations and modern concepts in the petroleum and petrochemical industries that will prepare them to work in multidisciplinary teams. Graduates of this program will be qualified for guaranteed jobs in multinational oil and gas companies, as well as in several chemical and related fields.
The Aquatic Biology Program focuses on the study of the world's aquatic organisms and the ecosystems in which they live. It is one of the most comprehensive and competitive fields of oceanography, and it overlaps with many other fields of study, from biochemistry and microbiology to psychology and anthropology. And sometimes the ocean itself. They may research the behavior and physiological processes of marine species, or the diseases and environmental conditions that affect them. They can also assess the effects of human activities on marine life. There is a wide range of career options that students can choose from related to marine life such as fisheries and agriculture - aquaculture - fish farms - fish biologist - ecotourism - marine technology - marine research - environmental regulation - environmental and marine law - marine policy. The duration of the study in the college is four years, after which the student gets a Bachelor of Science.
The Faculty of Science at King Salman University is to be outstanding on the local, regional and international levels in the fields of basic sciences and scientific research, which contribute to building the knowledge society in an effective academic environment.
To provide university education with academic accreditation to obtain high-quality outputs in basic sciences and scientific research that meet the needs of the labor market and provide community services and distinctive applied research as well as supporting self-financing in line with the changes surrounding the local community and activating the local and regional partnership using modern administrative, scientific, technical and knowledge methods. It also seeks to integrate and apply scientific knowledge to societal problems such as the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Basic science is the base of progress and development of all applied sciences.
- Active learning, academic commitment and critical thinking.
- Excellence in teaching, research and services.
- Inclusiveness, integration and justice.
- Safe environments for learning and research.
- Personal and academic moral values.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement.
- Activate internal and external audit mechanisms to achieve international standards for the quality of education and the accreditation and continuous development of programs.
- Enable the learner to meet the requirements and skills of the 21st century.
- Activate the dynamic relationship between the outputs of education and the requirements of the labor market.
- Provide academic programs with international standards at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in modern fields and interfaces that meet the requirements of the labor market.
- Emphasize the role of basic sciences in building the academic structures of study programs in the medical, engineering, agricultural and other sectors.
- Adopt clear policies for cooperation with the industrial sectors to market the results of scientific research.
- Achieve cooperation and partnerships with the societal, industrial and productive parties.
- Diversify the sources of funding for scientific research at the local and global level.
- Establish integrated programs and integrated research teams, and integration with other disciplines.
- Develop performance evaluation systems to be sufficient to judge academic and research abilities, seriousness and commitment to work.